Introductory Bullet Point
- Sultans law was founded in Aleppo, Syria in 1998 by Attorney Samer Sultan with offices in both Damascus and Aleppo. After the Syrian revolution took place in 2011, Sultans Law has expanded to Cairo, Egypt.
- Our Firm is specialized in all aspects of corporate and commercial law, commercial litigation, real estate and intellectual Property.
- Attorneys Samer Sultan and Radwan Khateeb are working between our offices in Syria and Cairo.
Feedback on the 2016 edition
Sultans Law has been ranked as a Tier 2 in Syria and we would like to maintain the ranking in your directory.
The situation in Syria seems more stable this year and we hope for a strong return of international work (mainly Russians and Chinese investors at the meantime).
We have also submitted a submission for our Cairo office.
Samer Sultan- Managing Partner
Mobile: +963 933 332 288
- Head of Team: Samer Sultan
Mobile: +963 933 332 288
Managing partner with an extensive experience in commercial and business law, advising in particular on corporate structuring, foreign investments, real estate, joint ventures and commercial contracts. In addition, Samer focuses his practice on a wide range of mergers and acquisitions across a diverse range of industries.
Litigation and dispute resolution is another core area of practice, represented clients in commercial litigation, arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution.
- Leading Individuals in Team: Radwan Khateeb
A leading expert in corporate and commercial litigation, as well as an extensive experience in structuring, restructuring, licensing and reorganization of entities and businesses.
- Significant recent arrivals and departures
Attorney Osama Sultan has joint Sultans Law, Aleppo office.
Attorney Serene Almaleh has joint Sultans Law, Cairo office in 2016 providing advices on both Syrian and Egyptian legal matters.
- Partners who spend more than 50% of their time working in the practice area
Attorney Samer Sultan, Attorney Radwan Khateeb
- Number of Partners in the team
- Number of Associates, Assistants in the team
4 Associates, 3 Assistants
- Office locations
Shalabi Building, Alkawakbi,
- Advising Kia Motors Corporation KMC with regard to a distributorship agreement under Syrian Laws and regulations.
- Advising Nestle- Switzerland with regard to Representation, Unions and registration of employees under Syrian Labour Law.
- Advising Orbit Showtime Network “OSN” with regard to a tender, by which OSN intended to bid for certain packages comprising the right to transmit the ICC events in various MENA territories, including Syria.
- Advising Merck on leave entitlements according to Syrian Labour Laws and regulations.
- Advising on a shareholders’ loan agreement to be granted to a Syrian company, AL BADIA CEMENT JSC by one of Ciments Français’ affiliate located in France.
· Working on transferring several industrial factories, licenses, machinery and equipment to safer areas especially from Aleppo to Damascus in order for them to reoperate.
Due to the ongoing long lasting Syrian conflicts, many foreign companies have been impacted; but we continue to run our offices in both Damascus and Aleppo.
Working for international companies in Syria have dropped significantly in recent years, and therefore, a major part of our work turned for local companies. (some areas and especially the ones controlled by the government remained active).
International work in the past few years was limited to advices and consultations we receive from international law firms such as Ashurst, Dentons, Trowers and Hamlins LLP, Al Tamimi & Co, etc… However, and starting on the second half of this year, we started to negotiate some new projects for electricity, real estate and mainly reconstruction in different cities in Syria. We remain optimistic!